The following items must be carried at all times out on the the event.
- Whistle (per person) - mandatory as per the IRF rules
- Thermal emergency blanket (per person) - supplied in Registration Pack
- Compression bandage for snake bite treatment (per person) - supplied in Registration Pack
- Sturdy footwear - suitable for rocky terrain (nylon plate forefoot protection recommended) and with uppers that keep prickles out (open weave mesh not recommended) - see Information
- Compass (per person)
- Headlamp/torch (per person)
- 3.0 litre water capacity (per person, minimum)
- Day pack
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Gaiters - see Information
- Gloves and beanie (woollen cap)
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Map case or clear adhesive film/contact (note that the map may be printed on waterproof paper)
- Pencils, pens, highlighter pens, scissors
- Folding chairs and table
- Eating utensils
- WRC2016 will provide a custom woven wristband 15mm x 350mm for each entrant
- durable, breathable fabric
- fast locking plastic lock
- No pets of any kind at the RRR, WRC2016 or model course
- iPhone or other mobile phone compass
- Other maps covering the region (except model course map)
- GPS tracking and logging devices - there will be a compulsory bagging and recording service
- Mobile phones - there is no mobile phone coverage in the event area
Event Sponsor - Paddy Pallin
Leading outdoor retailer, Paddy Pallin, has become a welcome sponsor of the WRC2016. Paddy's has equipped Australian rogainers with the best outdoor gear for over 50 years. From its early days the company has concentrated on supplying bushwalkers, trekkers and travellers with the highest quality and most advanced products, by sourcing a broad range of equipment from some of the world's leading manufacturers.
They have an extensive range of footwear, leg protection, hydration gear, high tech clothing, packs, sleeping bags, tents and more. Their staff has much experience in the outdoors, with many of them having competed in rogaines over the years.
Paddy Pallin is offering WRC competitors complementary Club membership that entitles them to 10% off everything in-store and online at www.paddypallin.com.au. Use Promotion Code: WRC2016 to receive your complimentary Club membership. To receive the 10% off the registered retail price (RRP) on the Paddy Pallin website you must LOGIN or create an Account.
Need a new Rogaining light?
Spike Lights are offering great deals for anyone coming to the WRC who is in the market for a new light. Check out their range at Spike Lights Be sure to tell them that you are coming to the WRC.